Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Oops...Happy New Year? A brief summary of the first two weeks back (Day 32-36)

Me the first day back from winter break

Okay so I've been slacking on these posts, but in my defense I've only just gotten out of the winter break slump so you know, I've been out of it.

Day 32

TEST!!! That is all.

Day 33

First day back. Everyone was really tired. Don't really remember most of it to be quite honest. We were assigned a paper to write on about cancer.

Day 34

Cancer Unit! We learned about how cancer is formed, the types of cancer, etc. And then we worked on our paper.

Day 35

More Cancer!

Day 36

Last day of the cancer unit. Our papers were due. My paper was on the psychological effects of children with glioma (brain tumor) and their parents. So I got to comb through more than a hundred pages (I'm not exaggerating) of personal accounts from glioma patients. It was pretty depressing actually, but I got to read about families coming together to pull through the illness their child had and that was very inspiring.

But we're done with the cancer unit now!

Until next time (which will be in approximately half an hour because I've got to post today's blog post as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment