- 4 petri plates
- some graduated cylinders
- 4 beakers
- 6.67g of jello powder
- 39 ml of cold water
- 39 ml of warm water
- 4 ml of pineapple juice
- pH tester strips
- one pipet (for the pineapple juice)
- Pour 6.67g of jello powder into the beaker
- Add 39 ml of hot water to the jello powder
- Stir until dissolved (approximately 2 minutes)
- Add 39 ml of cold water to the jello
- Stir the jello
- Split the total amount of jello liquid into equal portions in four beakers. Use the graduated cylinders to help measure equal amounts.
- Pour each individual beaker into its respective petri dish.
- Test the pH of the jello without any added acid or base. This is the control.
- Change three of the petri dishes to your desired pH level by adding either HCl or NaOH
- Measure pH level
- Add 1ml of fresh pineapple juice to each petri dish.
- Wait for results.
pH level of jello
pH 4 (control)