Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 27: Turkey Day!! (Sort of, not really.)

Hi guys. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Hope you filled yourself up with that turkey tryptophan. I didn't because I'm a vegetarian but who cares!

Since I started writing this on Thanksgiving, I'm going to keep the name "Turkey Day" as the title.

Here's what happened the last class before break.

There was corn involved. Fitting don't you think?

We had to find the genotype and phenotype of multicolored corn, and let me tell you it's a lot harder than it looks.

The corn looked something like this

So we had to count the individual grains and figure out the ratio between the different colored grains.

In other news, we worked on some more genetic problem solving, which as always makes me question why I ever decided that biology is my favorite subject. I've been able to get it, but it's taking a while. Not everything's clicked together yet.

Well, it better start clicking because I've got a test on all this on Friday.

So, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment